Tuesday, August 4, 2015

9 - Computer's Night Out

          Right now, I'm inside the English Resource Center, tasked with creating a narrative of the SoCSIT week. Of course, I gotta do this, for the grades and all. So here is a narrative of the four-day week filled with quizzes, practices, and people filling your news feed with people trying to make you like their pageant photos. Oh there was also that night of Fame or Shame. But let's all start from my beginning...

          Bring IT Back
                                  - 2015 SoCSIT week theme

          Tuesday (July 28, 2015) was the day we were supposed to have a parade while dressed in 90's attire. Well, at least it was supposed to look modern. Most of us only wore unbuttoned polo shirts with a gaudy shirt underneath. Actually, DARTEGNIAN VELARDE, a blockmate of mine, actually wore something from the 90's. But as Migell (another blockmate) put it, it was from the 1890's. Banners and pageant candidates were brought out and contested under the sunlight. There was also an awesome dance number by the APC dance company. Oh, we also went on a parade around the parking lot. Then, we went inside, with the rest if the day for classes.

          Then came another tomorrow. It's a Wednesday, and that means it's time for the thirty seconds of fame or shame event. Honestly, planning something unique for this event was hard, as I am not an idea man.Fortunately, an idea came to me two days ago. I was strapped for partners, so I was scouting around. I wanted to recruit Jason, but he already had a group. He wanted to bring me into their group, but he told me on Tuesday that they can't include me. his group was making a drama, and he can't include me in their script. Inconveniencing.

          An idea suddenly came to me. I love Star Wars, so why not do that? I managed to get two other ne'er do wells: Nathan and JR. I intently outlined my plan of reenacting the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin in the Mustafar planet which is from Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith. I had the part of Anakin, Nathan of Obi-Wan, and JR of Darth Sidious. We used arnis coated with metallic paper as swords. Practice was tough, as I had to fall because Anakin got his legs cut out from underneath him. I bruised my hip so bad. But I had to say it was worth it.

          Wednesday afternoon, I had an IT quiz bee, along with DARTEGNIAN (the 90's guy) and Eugene. The questions were fairly easy, but the mechanics were terrible. We had to be the first to stand to get a recognized answer. Needless to say, we never got beyond the finals. However, we did get two points from the first round, so I believe that's a small comfort.

          Then came fame or shame. I was excited, I was pumped. Moreover, I wanted to get it over with. I think the most surprising thing that happened to me was that we were the second group to be called onstage. As I climbed up, I noticed something curious: my stage fright was gone. I was no longer afraid of the possibilty to receive nasty comments.

          I pointed my "lightsaber" at "Obi-Wan." He then said, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." I went for cut for his left shoulder, which he deftly blocked. Then a block to the opposite shoulder- blocked as well. The last was an incoming vertical slam, which I v-stepped to block.

          "You were supposed to be the chosen one. You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them, bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!" well, it seems everything went according to the script. I was force pushed, I "choked" him, broke at a sprint, leapt, and was rewarded with a cut to the waist. That was my cue to let go of my saber. I did. I shouted out '"I HATE YOU!" Sidious came out, made an evil laugh, then dragged me offstage. To my surprise, we got a Fame rating. The only thing I was sorry about was that I probably hit someone when I threw the saber. Jason got a shame by the way. Serves him right! Just kidding Jason. Peace okay?

          I didn't attend the pageant on Thursday, so I knew nothing about it. I do want to congratulate Tommy, Jordan, Eugene, and 2 other people for being players of the LoL team named the BasuRAMS. Haha, the name wasn't promising, but they are now going to face the Rams (the defending team) this Friday. Do good BasuRAMS! I also didn't go to SoCSIT night the following day so I have no information regarding that event. It was probably a missed opportunity to get a lanyard that I just get to have to replace the bead chain I am using.
         
          To conclude, I have said pretty much everything to be said. this was supposed to be the concluding paragraph so I'll try to conclude: we had a parade, an IT quiz, a fame or shame event, a pageant and a celebratory night. I had my fun, and it was educational. I suppose that this event symbolizes what our school really is about: education and a fun way to carry out that education. The next time this event comes around the corner, I now know better and I want to welcome it with open USB ports.

         

     



2 comments:

  1. I TRUSTED YOU ANAKIN, AND THIS, IS THIS ALL YOU'VE GOT. DO YOU NOT VALUE THE BOND THAT HAS BEEN BUILT AROUND US?

    ReplyDelete