Tuesday, August 25, 2015

15 - Nine Point Eight




              Nine Point Eight (NPE). Heard of it before? Actually, if you have read one of my previous posts, then you would have known that this is another song from Mili. Of all the songs that I have heard from Mili so far, I believe this tops them all.
              The song starts happily enough, listing names of flowers in the opening of each verse. Listening to the entire sing at all, you wouldn't be able to discern the meaning . However, search for the lyrics and you will see that the song is actually sad. I won't copy the entire lyrics here though, just go search for yourself.
              Having a loved one die is no easy thing. People may go through the five stages of acceptance. Or, they may take the easy way out (suicide).
Image result for mili hag x milli
              This is what happened to the girl. She lost someone as denoted by the line "Please don't leave me behind..." There are many other lines indicating this loss such as "synchronize to your frozen pulsation" and "sparkling ashes drift along off your flames, and softly merge into the sky."
              The most striking line is "Here I come I yell and take a leap to hell" Followed by "...and nine point eight is my acceleration"
              Get it? The girl leapt from a high place, and what is nine point eight? Nine point eight is the acceleration due to gravity, something one would experience fully should an attempt to jump from a high place be done.

1 comment: