Monday, August 24, 2015

12 - Bibliophile

        A bibiliophile is someone who likes books. More to the point, I love reading books. I bet you haven't even thought of me this way, considering the way my blog looks like so far. So why do I like reading? The story is simple actually. I grew up without a TV, we were given extreme restrictions on using gadgets, and lastly, I only used the internet in a relatively late age. Reading has so many benefits that outweigh the things that I missed. Being a fan of literary works has taught me some lessons.
        Being a reader helped me a lot especially  in academics. I don't read for grades though. That's boring or in stuffy, sophisticated book terms, platitudinous. I don't read dictionaries. I mentioned that because someone asked me once if I read dictionaries. Wow. Some people say that I use highfalutin words. In my defense though, I try to use them out of necessity.
        Anyway, those are all boring stuff. Originally, I wanted to recommend some books an novels for you, but some memories came up and about. Here are some literary works that put me in times of good mental digestion:

1) The Star Wars Extended Uninverse
2) Deltora (Quest, Shadowlands, Dragons series)
3) Witchlanders (Lena Coakley)
4) Noli me Tangere (Jose Rizal)
5) El Filibusterismo (Also by JPMRAR)

        These are only some of my favorites. Books are fun! For reading and for throwing them at siblings you argue with. Use hard-bound books for this!

1 comment: