Sunday, July 19, 2015

7 - Favoritest Video Game?

Ah, Favourites. You may not be aware of it, but asking someone their favorite something is one of the most common conversation openers. Well, in this case, it's not actually a conversation opening and- but let's get to the point. Being somewhat of a shut-in, I do adore video games (but not as much as books). I especially like retro games. And my favorite video game was already considered old by the time I started playing it, which was before I even hit six years old. And that game (which I'm suuuure you might have already guessed by my blog embellishment) is The Legend of Zelda.


             
Well actually, it's a franchise. To date, the series already has 18 games. The first game, The Legend of Zelda, was released on August 22, 1897, for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The franchise's latest game is The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (TLoZ: ALBW), which was released last November 22, 2013.

My very first Zelda game that I have played was Legend of Zelda: Oraacle of Seasons. I played this as a ROM file in our old Windows 98 computer. I was a kid then, and playing a video game was nothing short of miraculous. So you may be thinking (if you've never played this game before), what is Zelda all about? The game is (usually) about Link. Link is a commoner-until the world shall need him. Most of the Zelda games usually revolve around the Triforce, which was the embodiment of the world Hyrule's three goddesses. The Triforce was made up of three parts: Courage, Wisdom, and Power. Were one with impure heart would touch the sacred triangle, it would split apart. The one who touched shall get the part he/she most believed in, and the other two parts shall go their earthly embodiments.In the most acclaimed Zelda game, Ocarina of Time, the Triforce was put in such a state.

Well, just play the games, and you'll see. I'm really getting wordy with this one.

Some complain that the gameplay and story are just too linear. But let me tell you something, the real fun behind the Zelda series is in the theorizing about the storyline. give it a shot, okay?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I'm so glad I found another LoZ fan like me. I had honestly given up using this as a conversation topic before, but meeting you, I guess I can talk with you about it. Anyway, just so you know, the first LoZ game I played is Legend of Zelda: Link's Awekening. I had also finished Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Hat, A Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask. I wasn't able to finish Ocarina of Time since I got distracted a bit. Haha. I'll trying playing it again when I find time. XD

    ReplyDelete