Saturday, July 11, 2015

5 - Smashing Fun

             Ever played Super Smash Bros.? If you have, I hope you invite me to play sometime, but if you aren't familiar with this game...
             Super Smash Bros.-or 'Smash" as my siblings and I like to call it- is a side scrolling fighting game. It may sound like other games like Tekken, Street Fighters, or King of Fighters, but there are so many elements that set it apart. The major difference is that instead of a health bar, a percentage meter is present. The more damage you deal against a character, the higher and farther that character shall be launched off-stage. Also, jumping and dodging and grabbing are some of the elements. And of course there are the items. The bunny hood, a gigantic cannon named Daybreak, a ship called Dragoon, and the Smash Ball, which lets you unleash a visually stunning ultra powerful attack that is unique in each character.
             My first time with this game was when I had a chance to play the second instalment of the series: Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube which was given to us by some cousins. Eventually, through intense thriftiness, We (*ehem* *ehem*)  was able to buy through the fourth version, which is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS released just last December. It has been many years, yet I still haven't tired of this game. It's because I have my siblings to play with. And let me tell you, things can get pretty intense especially when shouting and tempers flare. But it is still one of the most enjoyable games around.
             My most powerful fighter is Link, especially with speed-oriented customizations. Others are Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Lucario, Marth (Lucina too!), Zelda, Peach, and the dreamland resident King Dedede. The ones that I hate fighting is that Little Mac, who, in my brother's hands, is one over empowered fighter.
             And that's it! I hope that someone who read this will actually invite me to play with them!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment