Tuesday, June 30, 2015

3 - From Miles to Millimeters for my Dear Mili

          I believe I have mentioned in the last blog post that techno songs are something that I adore. The next step was finding a band or even a standalone creator, but let's not get ahead of my historical narration.
         As I was playing Cytus, I found a particularly good song that had lyrics. What really caught me here was that the lyrics blended really great into the music. I believe I have to explain to you my connotation of the word blended. The thing is, you won't hear the lyrics, unless you know that there actually ARE lyrics. The song is named Chocological, by Mili, a small group of Japanese musical creators. Strangely enough, all of their lyrics are English, something I found out when I went to their bandcamp page. I also discovered that they have a lot more songs than I thought they would have. In fact, I only have had the time to explore one of their albums. I recommend that you try it. If you are the "heartfelt-everything" type, try the songs "Witch's Invitation" and "A Turtle's Heart." You will find that their lyrics can actually be soulful (if there are any lyrics at all). You will also find diversity in the instruments that they use, I think it reduces the monotony that way.
         Before this post ends, I just want to share with you my personal favorites and the reason why. Number one would be Witch's Invitation, which has an amazing tempo and choice of musical instruments. Oh, and the typical "Halloween" elements made it amusing. Tied for second place would be Chocological and A Turtle's Heart. Believe me, when I heard the tune, I thought the songs would be happy, but the lyrics say so otherwise. Finally, there's Sacramentum-An Unaccompanied Hymn for Tomino. There are no lyrics, but the acapella thing's very neat.
         End of post!  

No comments:

Post a Comment